We collect different types of information about our users for 3 reasons:
- To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- If we have permission from the user, to market services to them.
Third Party Links
Contact details and Access to Information
What data do we collect?
Y.O.U Underwear collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address and broad location e.g. London).
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Y.O.U Underwear with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Register online for our newsletter
- Place an order for any of our products.
- Voluntarily give us feedback.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Y.O.U Underwear collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order
- Email you with updates regarding your order
When Y.O.U Underwear processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Y.O.U Underwear securely stores a minimal amount of data on Google Drive. These files are encrypted when being stored and transferred. All files are only accessed by those who are employed by Y.O.U Underwear and any employees who leave the business will be removed on the final day of employment.
All data related to orders is held securely within the Shopify platform and will be retained until the customer requests for it to be removed.
All data relating to the Newsletter is stored securely on the MailerLite platform - this is limited to name and email address only.
Y.O.U Underwear would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing emails, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Y.O.U Underwear from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our newsletter.
Y.O.U underwear does not transfer data to third parties and will only disclose your personal information in circumstances where we are legally obliged to do so.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For more information on cookies, please click here.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
- Placing cookies on your computer means we can show you adverts that you might be interested in, and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been. You can find more information on this in the below, including how you can ‘opt out’. You can turn cookies off but if you do this, you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other advertising. This is because we won’t be able to limit what you see by using cookies. However, you will still be able to see our editorial content.
What type of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies. However, our website uses:
- Functionality: Y.O.U Underwear uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These coils include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising: Y.O.U Underwear uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followers and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Y.O.U Underwear sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. THis means when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Other third party cookies
On some pages of our website, other organisations may also set their own anonymous cookies. They do this to track the success of their application, or to customise the application for you. Because of how cookies work, our website cannot access these cookies, nor can the other organisation access the data in cookies we use on our website. For example, when you share an article using a social-media sharing button (for example, Facebook) on www.youundwear.com, the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, and the links below will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. However, we cannot tell if you are signed in without using cookies, so you would not be able to post comments. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, or you can use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
We use Google Analytics on our sites for anonymous reporting of site usage and for advertising on this and other sites. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our sites please use this link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/)
Third Party Links and Privacy Policies of linked websites
What are your data protection rights?
Y.O.U Underwear would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: you have the right to request Y.O.U Underwear for copies of your personal data. We may charge a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: you have the right to request that Y.O.U Underwear correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Y.O.U Underwear to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: you have the right to request that Y.O.U Underwear erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: you have the right to request that Y.O.U Underwear restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: you have the right to object to Y.O.U Underwear’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to request that Y.O.U Underwear transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
You can request a copy of some or all the information that we hold about you. This is your right as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (above). Please note, that to cover costs we may charge a small fee for this service (up to a maximum of £10).
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Y.O.U Underwear has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.